<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2009-02-03

Lighter Fare 

Congratulations to the Pittsburgh Steelers, World Champions!

I'm a Steelers fan from waaaay back. In fact, one of my first memories is of Lynn Swann leaping in the air, tipping a ball away from a defender, getting one foot back under himself enough to leap again to catch a ball at midfield in the Rose Bowl against the Cowboys in the Super Bowl. So to find that the MVP of the game was going to be a Steelers reciever seemed to me just the way things ought to be.

That said, I couldn't help but pull for the Cardinals in the 4th. I know there's real character on that team, and I like Kurt Warner--both as a player and what I know of him as a person. And I did get very excited about Larry Fitzgerald's sprint to the end zone with 2:30 left in the game. Too bad it turned out to be too much time for the Steelers.

In the end, in the biggest game, a quarterback made a perfect throw when he needed to, and a reciever made a spectacular catch. You can't fault the Cards for that--that's just the way it goes sometimes. Sometimes the bug, sometimes the windshield.

But most importantly, this was a very entertaining gamd to watch. Hats off the NFL for finding at least a whiff of parity in this process.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?