<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2008-12-25

"Behold! I Make All Things New!" 

2008 has been a trying year, the sort of year that tests men's souls. But on (or close to) the darkest day of the year, we Christians get to celebrate in great Joy the birth of our Savior, He who makes all things new.

So, even if this has been a difficult year, and even if this Christmas finds you in smaller circumstances than you are accustomed to, I pray that you remember the purpose of the season, and take great heart and comfort in the wonder that is our God become flesh to save us all and make us new. And I pray that those of you grieving (Guy, Mark, et al) take heart that your loved ones are already made new and await your joining them in the blink of an eye.

And I further pray that you (and me, as well) are allowed the time and space on this Glorious Day to consider the many blessings in your life, and how few of them are wrapped this day; that you (and I) consider those who spend this day cold and alone that we may enjoy those blessings in peace; and that you (and I) take this opportunity to laugh, to smile, and to spread His Light in the world, and resolve to make the world within our reach new again, starting today.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?