<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2008-11-27

Happy Thanksgiving 

Here are a few of the things I'm Thankful for this Thanksgiving--

--I'm thankful that I don't have to watch the Detroit Lions more than once a year

--I'm thankful for cranberry sauce

--I'm thankful that for most of my friends and family, a tough time means not having money for two car payments or the hundred dollar pair of basketball shoes; even as our country begins a recession, we have it SO much better than 90 percent of the world . . .

--I'm thankful for the music of John Williams, Leonard Bernstein, and Aaron Copeland

--not to mention Charlie Parker, Dizzy Gillespie, and Wynton Marsalis

--I'm thankful that I live in a country where I can say whatever prayer I want to prior to stuffing my face, or even say no prayer at all

--I'm thankful that many of the churches that teach those prayers devote many resources to taking care of those who have no meal to stuff in their face on this day

--I'm thankful that my children have all learned the art of the courtesy laugh, and apply it liberally where dad is concerned

--I'm thankful that I live in a country that can undergo revolutionary change . . . without a single shot being fired or a single casualty

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?