<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2008-07-14

Tony Snow, RIP 

I never met him, didn't know him, have no reason to be touched by his death.

Except that, for some reason, the news of his passing yesterday morning hit me like a kick in the belly.

Tony Snow was everything I think conservative commentators should be: eternally affable, quick, funny, with a complete command of the facts. He was a happy warrior. But, more importantly (politically), he seemed to always keep his eye on the big picture--he never got bogged down in the minutia, even though he certainly had a firm grasp on it. Had I been a broadcast journalist, I would have worked hard to emulate Tony Snow.

If the personality that came through on the TV is even a fraction of what he was like to the people who knew and loved him, than they have an enormous hole in their world. My prayers go out to them.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?