<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2008-04-06

Random Global Warming Thoughts 

--First, I noticed the description of a show on the History Channel tonight that said, in part, " . . .examines past climate catastrophes and explores what we can learn from them to avoid future catastrophes" or something like that.

And, me being the cynic, my first thought was "We seem to have survived the past "catastrophes"--maybe they weren't so bad, after all."

--Then I noticed this, courtesy of Mark Steyn at NRO.

Global temperatures will drop slightly this year as a result of the cooling effect of the La Nina current in the Pacific, UN meteorologists have said...

This would mean global temperatures have not risen since 1998, prompting some to question climate change theory.

That really doesn't require comment. Just picture a slightly smug grin.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?