<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2008-04-15

. . . And The Dim Bulb In The Box 

Jimmy Carter, yesterday on This Week:

"I think there's no doubt in anyone's mind that, if Israel is ever going to find peace with justice concerning the relationship with their next-door neighbors, the Palestinians, that Hamas will have to be included in the process." . . .

"I think that it's very important that at least someone meet with the Hamas leaders to express their views, to ascertain what flexibility they have, to try to induce them to stop all attacks against innocent civilians in Israel and to cooperate with the Fatah as a group that unites the Palestinians, maybe to get them to agree to a cease-fire — things of this kind," he said.

I barely remember the late 70s--I was 11 when Carter left office. My memories, however, are of a dismal, disspirited country with boatloads of problems and a President who had no grasp on how to solve them.

So, by all means . . .go solve the middle east, Mr. Carter.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?