<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2008-03-23

Thought for Tonight 

One word, Ma'am, one word. All you've been saying is quite right, I shouldn't wonder. I'm a chap who always liked to know the worst and then put the best face I can on it. So I won't deny any of what you said. But there's one more thing to be said even so. Suppose we HAVE only dreamed, or made up those things--trees and grass and sun and moon and stars [and crucifixions and resurrections]. Suppose we have. Then all I can say is that, in that case, the made-up things seem a great deal more important than the real ones. Suppose this black pit of a [world] IS the only world. Well, it strikes me as a pretty poor one. And that's a funny thing, when you think of it. We're just babies making up a game, if you're right. But four babies playing a game can make a play-world which licks your real world hollow. That's why I'm going to stand by the play world. I'm on [Christ's] side even if there isn't any [Christ] to lead it. I'm going to live as like a [Christian] as I can even if there isn't any [Heaven]. So, . . . we're setting out in the dark to spend our lives looking for the [Kingdom]. Not that our lives will be very long, I should think; but that's a small loss if the world's as dull a place as you say.

--Puddleglum the Marsh-Wiggle, from C.S. Lewis' The Silver Chair

Happy Easter, All. He Is Risen, Indeed!


Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?