<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2008-02-07

Romney Goes Out With Class 

My family, my friends and our supporters... many of you right here in this room... have given a great deal to get me where I have a shot at becoming President. If this were only about me, I would go on. But I entered this race because I love America, and because I love America, I feel I must now stand aside, for our party and for our country.

Mitt Romney will continue to be a presence and a force in Republican Party politics for the years to come. Whether he gets to run against an incumbent Democrat in four years, or tries to follow President McCain in eight years, remains to be seen. But he will be back.

In the meantime, I hope he finds a very visible way to put his considerable talent to use for the good of the Party and of the country in the near future.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?