<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2007-10-30

RoxBlogging, post-mortem 

First of all, congratulations to the Boston Red Sox--they were the better team over the course of, not just the last five days, but the majority of the 2007 baseball season.

Were they as much better than the Rockies as it seemed these past five days? I don't think so. As my Jedi Master reminded me, you take a team out of their routine (like a bye week), and screwy things start to happen to them. I still don't think we beat them over seven, but I think there's a pretty good chance we can get a few more runs out of Schilling, Dice-K, and John Lester, but I don't know if we beat them.

That said, is there a SINGLE person in Rockies' Nation that wouldn't have thought you were drunk if in mid-July you'd said out loud that the Rockies would lose the World Series this year? I don't think so. By any--ANY--measure this was a spectacular season that can only lay groundwork for the next five years and a Rockies near-dynasty.

If they can get Holliday penned to a good contract, the nucleus will be locked up for years, and there's still plenty of young talent in the minors to keep filling the bullpen. I'm uncautiously optimistic about the future of this team.

Ah . . . there's major-league baseball in Colorado.

About damn time.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?