<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2007-07-25

Churchill Is Gone 

Thank goodness. As tiresome as this guy's act is, the whole story line was beginning to surpass it.

There are those who think this is a good thing for the University, that it somehow salvages the reputation and credibility of the school (and, by the way, my alma mater). I disagree.

I think this firing is, at BEST a belated , last-ditch reach out for spin control. The University has been revealed to have lax hiring policies, shoddy peer review processes, a (completely unsurprising) way-Left ideological bent, and a bureaucratic process gone completely insane. The credibility of the University is, at this point, a bit beyond recovery.

They've just got to be glad it's over. As am I.

Labels:


Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?