<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2007-04-27

Quick Presidential Thoughts

:I wonder if the President might have forced at least a couple more Democrats to be a bit more responsible if he hadn't signalled so forcefully, so early, that he would veto any Supplemental with a timetable for withdrawal. Of course it was the right thing to do; I just wonder if he didn't give a few of the more mature ones (and that's a pretty small club) the OK to vote for the Democrats' plan because they knew they would never have to live with the consequences.

:I've searched the transcript of the Democratic debate last night, and I can't find the one salient question based on yesterday's events: "Candidates, the Congress has just passed legislation that ties funding for the military to specific conditions; as a person who would be Commander-In-Chief, do you think it is wise that the Congress tie the strategic hands of the military leadership in the middle of combat operations?"

I'm amazed that a "professional" journalist of Brian Williams' stature missed such an obvious question.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?