<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2007-02-05

On the Super Bowl

I'm glad Peyton Manning got his Super Bowl--if there's been a player in the last fifteen years who dominated the game in the way he does, I don't know who it would be. Sure, some players may have been more athletic or spectacular; but Peyton makes every play call from the line of scrimmage and controls the movements of just about every person on the field. That sort of artistry deserves to be rewarded.

That said, I wish the game itself had been better. Sure, the field conditions were terrible, but that does not explain why these two teams looked, at times, like it was preseason again. This will certainly not go down as one of the great games of Super Bowl history, no matter how much people may like the result.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?