<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2006-10-27

And THAT Is An Even Better Counterpunch

That Michael J. Fox ad I wrote about the other night has had another incarnation, this time in Maryland against Michael Steele. Fortunately, the Steele campaign appears to have been ready--and they deliver a crushing counter here.

Here's the transcript, courtesy of Powerline:

I’m Dr. Monica Turner.

Congressman Ben Cardin is attacking Michael Steele with deceptive, tasteless ads. He is using the victim of a terrible disease to frighten people all for his own political gain.

Mr. Cardin should be ashamed.

There’s something you should know about Michael Steele. He does support stem cell research, and he cares deeply for those who suffer from disease.

How do I know? I’m Michael Steele’s little sister.

I have MS, and I know he cares about me.


Like all good punches, it is direct, it is short, and it is devestatingly accurate.

When you combine that with the news that Ben Cardin pulled out of another event with Michael Steele, the night after he (in the words of the WashPost) "stammered and stumbled during a faceoff with the Republican nominee, Lt. Gov. Michael S. Steele", and you get the feeling that things aren't all sunshine and roses at Cardin campaign headquarters.

Be clear: if the Dems lose their seat in Maryland, their hope of taking the Senate die early in the evening of November 7th; and that makes you wonder what sort of a cascade could wash across the nation that night.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?