<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2006-08-03

CSAP Results Are Out

And the news is cautiously optimistic.

Colorado students continue to show slow progress in statewide achievement tests, scores released Wednesday show. . .

Students scored higher on most reading, writing and math tests over last year. But high school math continues to be a stumbling block, with only 31 percent of 10th-graders this year scoring at the advanced or proficient level - the same percentage as scored unsatisfactory, the equivalent of failing.

To see your local schools' scores, go here.

After I've had a chance to get in and play with some of the numbers a little bit, I'll write more. But for now, I'm glad that scores are generally up; on the other hand, scores up in the lower grades are largely meaningless if the high school scores remain the same. I'll have more to say on this later.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?