<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2006-07-18

This Should Sound Familiar, Coloradans

An alliance of nearly a hundred of the nation's wealthiest donors is roiling Democratic political circles, directing more than $50 million in the past nine months to liberal think tanks and advocacy groups in what organizers say is the first installment of a long-term campaign to compete more aggressively against conservatives.

Remember how the Democrats took control of the CO statehouse in 2004? Yep, that's right--through the shadowy funding of the Gang of Four, who overwhelmed competitive districts with "independent" high-quality mailers. At what cost to them? I don't know if we know the exact numbers, but I seem to recall the total was in the vicinity of $3 million.

Turns out Colorado was just a template. I wonder if, on a national scale, the Republican Party is any better situated to compete with this than the CO GOP was two years ago.

For that matter, I wonder if the state GOP is ready for the onslaught this year.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?