<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2006-05-17

Mon Dieu!! Zee Feection Ees Not So Good!!

“The Da Vinci Code” drew lukewarm praise, shrugs of indifference, some jeering laughter and a few derisive jabs Tuesday from arguably the world’s toughest movie crowd: critics at the Cannes Film Festival.

Heh. As I said blogged when I finally got around to reading the book last summer, the book wasn't very good--certainly not as good as its precursor, "Angels and Demons."

Which begs the question: "Why make a blockbuster movie out of a second-rate novel?" But then, I don't suppose I really have to answer that, now do I?

More press:

“I kept thinking of the Energizer Bunny, because it kept going and going and going, and not in a good way,” said James Rocchi, a film critic for CBS 5 television in San Francisco and the online outlet Cinematical. “Ron Howard makes handsome films. He doesn’t make bad ones, but he doesn’t make great ones.”

One especially melodramatic line uttered by Hanks drew prolonged laughter and some catcalls, and the audience continued to titter for much of the film’s remainder.

Yep. Go see "Over the Hedge" instead.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?