<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2006-04-15

Too Much Material To Work With

The WaPo does a profile of a lefty blogger in the Saturday morning rag. And here's how the article concludes:

Meanwhile, over on Eschaton, Dave is writing, "As a matter of fact -- I do hate Bush!"

On Rude Pundit: "George W. Bush is the anti-Midas. Everything he touches turns to [expletive]."

On the Smirking Chimp: "I. Despise. These. [Expletive]!"

And on Daily Kos and My Left Wing, the responses keep rolling in.

"Thank you, Maryscott."

"Thank you for the kick in the [expletive]."

"I wrote to my [expletive] so-called representatives."

"I also wrote to my [expletive] congressman to get off his [expletive] [expletive] and do the right [expletive] thing."

"You know what?" O'Connor says. "I did a good thing today." And for a moment, anyway, she isn't angry at all.

Yes, folks, this is the level of discourse on the "highly intellectual" Left. Eight expletives deleted, and a pat on the back.

So, why in the world is this in the Post? Because they've noticed that the Left is "angry", but David Finkel manages to somehow attribute that to the Right. Note:

What's notable about this isn't only the level of anger but the direction from which it is coming. Not that long ago, it was the right that was angry and the left that was, at least comparatively, polite. But after years of being the targets of inflammatory rhetoric, not only from fringe groups but also from such mainstream conservative politicians as Newt Gingrich, the left has gone on the attack.

Of course, he can't be bothered to mention even ONE quote to justify his assertion; and, of course, he fails to note that the Left was rather fond of the personal attack back in Reagan's era. But, of course, in his world, I'm sure it's simply accepted truth that the Right is the angry side and the Left is rational and reasonable.

I think we know better.

As MaryScott herself says

"I am this close to being one of those muttering people pushing a cart."




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?