<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2006-04-28

Hoping for $100 a Barrel

Yes, I know that seems, well, silly. But maybe it's time for a long view of things.

In 1860, the steam engine moved Amerians across the West, and was the power behind the American expansion.

But the steam engine was replaced by the internal combustion engine, which has been the force behind the last 100 years of American growth.

But now it's time to replace the internal combustion engine.

With what? I don't know.

But I do know that until it becomes painfully inefficient to continue using the i.c. engine, there will not be sufficient investment to motivate the private sector to create a replacement.

So here's my little plug for exorbitant oil prices--GO GET 'EM, OPEC! Because I want to shut the bastards down entirely, and the only way to do that is to end the usefulness of their product. And the only way that's gonna happen is when economic conditions create the necessity that is the mother of that invention.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?