<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2006-01-28

Line Of The Day

I often find White House Spokesman Scott McClellan somewhat ineffective. Obviously, I have no idea what it's like to be in a room filled with hostiles (oh, wait . . . I taught middle school for three years, so .. .) day in and day out, so I probably have almost no idea how difficult his job really is.

But today's Q & A may have him moving up a bit in my esteem, if for only this line (hat tip: NRO Corner)

Q: Can I also ask you, on Senator Kerry's comments, what is your reaction to the filibuster call by Senator Kerry, on Judge Alito?
MR. McCLELLAN: On his call yesterday? It was a pretty historic day. This was the first time ever that a Senator has called for a filibuster from the slopes of Davos, Switzerland. I think even for a Senator, it takes some pretty serious yodeling to call for a filibuster from a five-star ski resort in the Swiss Alps. (Laughter.)


Nicely done, Mr. McClellan.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?