<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2005-12-27

Not Sure What To Make Of This

I took my oldest to see the new "Harry Potter" movie today. It was really quite enjoyable--very well-done, good moments of both drama and humor. And, as an aside, in consideration of both this movie and "Narnia" and "Munich", how is it that writers of children's books get it when so many others fail to . . .or refuse to? That thought struck when, towards the end, Dumbledore makes the observation that a time is coming when everyone will have to choose between what is right and what is easy.

But I digress.

One of the trailers was for the new "Superman" movie due to come out this summer. And, to quote Kallel [inexact quote from memory] speaking of humans:

Their great strength is their capacity for good. But they are lost, waiting to be shown the light. Therefore, I send you to them, my only son . . ."

Are the makers of this film going to try to pose Superman as a Messiah-figure? You know, I don't know the answer to the question, but it really leapt off the screen at me, and I can't imagine that particular choice of words escaped the notice of too many people.

Just a thought.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?