<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2005-08-04

Good Writing

I always appreciate good writing. And when that good writing is directed at paying tribute to our fighting men and women, all the better.

Today's example is from this week's Sports Illustrated, penned by Steve Rushin (link unavailable at this time). I'll give you the conclusion--you should seek it out to read the rest of it.

And he goes by often. Rooney, who flies six days a month for the Air Force, holds a day job with a golf company that owns a course in Michigan, where he was playing last week on vacation. "Now I play without fear," he says. "I know golf is not life and death."

Funny how life works. Two college golfers aspire to greatness. One goes on tour and performs heroically under pressure. And the other becomes Tiger Woods.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?