<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2005-07-19

SCOTUS

The President will announce his choice for the vacancy on the Supreme Court tonight at 7 pm local time.

I know nothing, and have no contacts in the beltway, so don't look to me for much guidance . . .

CHECK THAT: I just heard Barbara Boxer say on FoxNews that the retirement of Justice O'Connor in itself creates an "extraordinary circumstance." Just laying the groundwork for that filibuster.

ANYWAY . . .

But the speculation is centered on the 5th Circuit Court Ediths--Edith Brown Clement and, to a lesser degree, Edith Jones. Keep your eyes on the really good blogs on this one: RedState, Captain's Quarters, Powerline, and Bench Memos.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?