<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2005-07-12

I'm Back

And it seems I've missed a few things in the news. In case you're with me on that score, here's a quick wrap-up:

London--while the death count climbs over 50, while the government is planning measures to limit the ability of imams on their own soil to incite attacks.

Hurricane Dennis--the gulf coast continues to clean up from this storm which, thankfully, was not as severe as last year's Ivan. Though from the media coverage you'd a thunk it was the worst thing EVER.

The economy--the country added about 146,000 new jobs last month, while adding an additional revised 40,000 to the months of May and April. This brings the unemployment rate down to 5.0 percent. All of which, by the way, are really good numbers, and all of which, by the way, go largely unreported while they keep trending that way.

Darth Rove--okay, so I was wrong; this story is starting to get traction. But even if it ends up uprooting Rove, I'm not sure that really means anything. His job is political advisor; as such, he's just as likely to provide useful counsel to the President from a telephone in Walla-Walla, Washington as he is from the office next door. I just don't think this really matters in the long run, especially since nobody has yet to demonstrate how the "outing" of Valerie Plame compromised one single little operation the CIA had going.

Supreme Court--many rumors, no news. This will be on the stove all summer, I fear.

Okay. Just trying to ease back into the routine. Nothing here very newsworthy--just trying to shake off my vacation.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?