<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2005-07-31

Don't Expect White Flags In September

From RMPN: "The "party of the people" is in full retreat.

Following the WaPo's story extolling the successes of the Bush Administration in the last week of the session, I'm very surprised that there's not more of such anger and/or defeatism on some of the other lefty websites.

But I'm not saying this to gloat. I'm saying this because all 44 Democratic Senators (think Salazar), plus Jeffords, Snowe, and the others are going home for a month. If you don't think they're gonna get an earful of that anger from the people who got them elected, you're crazy. Which means I would expect a huge--HUGE--fight for John Roberts when the Senate returns after Labor Day.

Time to gear up for a battle.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?