<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2005-04-10

Back To Life

It occurred to me as the day went on today that this morning was the first morning in about three weeks that one of my first thoughts of the day was not about death. First Terri Schiavo ("is she dead yet?"), then the Pope ("is he dead yet?"), and then the preparations for the funeral.

As much as I try to identify myself with "the culture of life," it is awfully easy to get sucked into the obsession with death. Nonetheless, as this realization came to me, I did feel a sense of lightness.

Or maybe that was just the anticipation of doing yard work. What was I doing? you might ask. Yep--raking up the DEAD grass. AAUUUGHH.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?