<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2005-03-19

Death Watch

The feeding tube has been ordered removed from Terri Schiavo; now it's just a matter of time before she dies of starvation while her parents have to sit by and watch and suffer.

If it were me, and the only way to save my child were to, um, remove my child's legal guardian from the picture, I'm not sure I would have the patience and courage the family has had. I'm not saying anything, and I'm certainly not advocating anything in particular, I'm just saying that I cannot imagine a circumstance where accepting the slow death of my child would not drive me to madness.

In that vein, pray for the family, that they receive some measure of comfort and peace from God during these next many days; pray for Terri's soul and body; for that matter, pray for a miracle from Terri to demonstrate the correctness of keeping her alive.

And pray for her husband, that he see the despicable nature of what he's doing, that perhaps he has a change of heart, or that at some point he recognizes what he's doing and asks God for forgiveness.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?