<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2005-02-10

Oh, The Cruelty

The Washington Post is reporting that women interrogators at Gitmo used sexual tactics.

Female interrogators repeatedly used sexually suggestive tactics to try to humiliate and pry information from devout Muslim men held at the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, according to a military investigation not yet public and newly declassified accounts from detainees.

The prisoners have told their lawyers, who compiled the accounts, that female interrogators regularly violated Muslim taboos about sex and contact with women. The women rubbed their bodies against the men, wore skimpy clothes in front of them, made sexually explicit remarks and touched them provocatively, at least eight detainees said in documents or through their attorneys.


So many thoughts, so little time. . . So I'll just go stream of consciousness on this, and don't think less of me for it.

I wonder what category of the Geneva Conventions this is covered by.

Are we going to see pictures of this, like we did Abu Graib? Cuz.. . well, never mind.

Seriously, no disrespect, but. . . I really don't think there are that many Marines that look like Catherine Bell. Which makes some of the possibilities for this, well, distasteful.

Given all the choices of possible torture, does this strike anybody else as a "best-case" scenario?

"Nobody expects the Comfy Chair."

I could go on, but I won't. Suffice to say I find the idea that members of our military might be prosecuted for this seems to be stretching reasonableness to new, absurd lengths.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?