<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2005-02-18

More On Global Warming

The Opinion Journal Online jumps into a topic I started last night (actually, to be fair, it was a topic Michael Crichton started, and I'm pretty sure my obscure little post had absolutely nothing to do with OJO's editorial; still, I like the timing). They give a good condensed history of the global warming theory, and then end with this:

But the important point is this: The world is being lobbied to place a huge economic bet--as much as $150 billion a year--on the notion that man-made global warming is real. Businesses are gearing up, at considerable cost, to deal with a new regulatory environment; complex carbon-trading schemes are in the making. Shouldn't everyone look very carefully, and honestly, at the science before we jump off this particular cliff?

Indeed.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?