<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2004-12-06

Too Good To Pass Up

I hadn't intended to blog tonight, but I couldn't let this go by. Thanks to Captain Ed.

Police at Paris' top airport lost track of a passenger's bag in which plastic explosives were placed to train bomb-sniffing dogs, police said Saturday. Warned that the bag may have gotten on any of nearly 90 flights from Charles de Gaulle, authorities searched planes upon arrival in Los Angeles and New York. ...

French police at Charles de Gaulle deliberately placed up to five ounces of plastic explosives into a passenger's luggage Friday evening, police spokesman Pierre Bouquin said.

But a "momentary lack of surveillance" led to the bag being lost on a conveyor belt carrying luggage from check-in to planes, he said.


Could somebody, please, tell me why this country has a permanent seat and a veto on the U.N. Security Council. "Oh, sorry, sorry. . .could I just look through this bag of yours, sir. Yes, yes, it seems, well, we've. . .um. . .misplaced. . er, um, well. . .these explosives. And I was just wondering.. . "

For some reason that script works better with a Hugh Grant sort of stutter/accent. Trying to picture Peter Sellers, but it's just not coming to me. Oh well.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?