<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2004-12-28

Don't Expect To See This In MSM

This survey in the Military Times, via Powerline via USA Today, shows that the men and women in harm's way are more on board with this war than the general public.

Sixty-three percent of respondents approve of the way President Bush (news - web sites) is handling the war, and 60% remain convinced it is a war worth fighting. Support for the war is even greater among those who have served longest in the combat zone: Two-thirds of combat vets say the war is worth fighting.


I suppose this doesn't really surprise me very much. My sense, from the limited exposure I do have to military personnel, is that they love doing their jobs and think of their jobs as important, regardless of where they have to do that job.

But this one does surprise me, and brings a little chuckle:

60% blame Congress for the shortage of body armor in the combat zone.


Now, what would surprise me even more would be to find a report on this survey anywhere near the front page of a newspaper or in the first five minutes of a broadcast tomorrow night. Of course, we all know how big the headline would be if the survey brought up the opposite result; let's see what the MSM does with this particular information.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?