<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2004-09-03

Two Last Thoughts

First, I am pleased, surprised, and thankful that we have now gotten through two conventions and an Olympics without a major terrorist incident. No, I'm not ignoring Chechnya and Israel--I'm talking about 9-11 style attacks. Of course what is going on in Russia and yesterday in Israel is repugnant, and indicative of what we have to face as we move forward.

Second, if you had told me on September 15, 2001 that on this day the economy would be growing and that we had not been attacked yet on our soil, I would have a. thought you were nuts, or b. thought the President's re-election would be a lock. In many ways, that this election is even still in doubt, is both surprising and somewhat troubling.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?