<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2004-05-19

On A Lighter Note

There are 30 major league baseball teams, and each one of them plays 162 games every year. And major league baseball has been keeping statistics since, I don't know. . . the Peloppenesian Wars (little know historical fact: Trojan War actually a dispute over the use of the designated hitter. . .).

Which means when Randy Johnson threw only the 16th perfect game in Major League history (is that really the number? I heard that on ESPN and my jaw dropped) tonight against Atlanta, he accomplished a feat of extraordinary rarity.

One of the things I really like about sports, and baseball in particular: you never know as you're watching just when you're going to see history.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?