<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2004-05-23

Might Be Interesting

Newsweek is running a series of articles on the MSNBC website linking the lessons of Churchill and FDR to Pres. Bush and the current situation. While it is rife with the obvious politics we've come to know and love from Newsweek, it could be interesting to see where they take this.

In particular, I am fascinated by the figure of Winston Churchill. The Last Lion was brilliant, morose, witty, depressed, and--above all--fiercely independent. His years 'in exile' are perhaps history's greatest tribute to perseverence as a personality trait, and I will be curious to see if his lonely voice warning about the Nazis compares--or is compared to--George Bush's stance on Islamic terror.

Of course, it could be. . .not a huge stretch to equate the two. What will be interesting is if they do.

By the bye, I find it reassuring that this President has, as one of his historical heroes, the man I consider most responsible for the free world of the 21st century.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?