<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2004-05-02

Further Thoughts On Nightline

I really didn't find Ted Koppel's recitation of the list of dead as offensive as, I think, some--read to my posts below for a full explanation.

However, I do find Mark Steyn's column on the issue both incisive and important. And Fox News is answering Steyn's charge--at some point this week (see the listings--I didn't hear the specifics) they are going to do a similar recitation. Only theirs will be of the important things that have been accomplished in Iraq in the last year.

I think it would only be appropriate to lament the dead--to wail and gnash teeth and cry about how unnecessary the war is--once we know the totality of what they died for. My guess is, the ledger will show that their uncommon valor bought an extraordinary transformation.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?