<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2004-04-13

Report From the Caucuses

I went to my precinct caucus tonight. I like the idea of getting involved, and an interesting conversation actually sparked up. I just threw out a hypothetical to spark it: imagine Attorney General Hillary Clinton. With the power of the Patriot Act.

Officially, I'm agnostic on the Patriot Act. I think, on balance, if it forces the FBI and the CIA to talk to each other--hell, I'd just be happy if the counter-t part of the FBI talked to the law enforcement part--then that's a good thing that makes my daughters safer. However, that is all within the context of this President and this Attorney General. I'm a little more worried about others who may someday hold those positions.

I'm happy to entertain other opinions on this.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?