<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2004-04-12

Good Point

My brother, the Navy pilot, makes a very good point about Moqtada al-Sadr to argue against a direct assassination attempt. He thinks we should just wait him out and kill his followers because. . .

This is one case where the message will be stopped because all the messengers end up dying.

I like the logic. It further marginalizes this guy without giving him the status of martyr.

I see on Debka (for what it's worth) that we're now negotiating for this guy to go into exile in Iran. Not sure I like that--he'll live to fight another day. But, it seems, my brother is on the right track.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?