<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2004-03-30

I Wonder. . .

So the White House has agreed to let Condi Rice testify before the 9-11 Commission.

This smells a little like a rope-a-dope. Had she gleefully gone before the commission and presented evidence that was absolutely damning of Dick Clarke, Madeleine Albright and Bill Clinton it could have been written off by the left and the press. It also would have guaranteed that she share time on the evening news with the likes of the above. This way, she can be the story--she will dominate the news cycle, and her testimony cannot be written off as a White House attack.

If I'm right, this is a brilliant move. George W Bush, the poker player, strikes again.

I also think I heard that the commission has asked Monsoor Ijaz to testify--he's the guy who broke the story that the government of the Sudan offered bin Laden to the Clinton administration on three separate occasions.

This is beginning to look worse for the Democrats.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?