<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2004-03-19

I Love Answers

Last night I framed the discussion about Affirmative Action, and then posed the question within that framework "Does It Work?"

Well, none other than Linda Seebach of the Rocky answered me: NO. She cited research by Bok and Bowen that provides the numbers, which I have yet to track down myself. Nonetheless, her memory was that "special considerations cases" flunked out of highly selective colleges at a rate three times that of their counterparts, and had very poor prospects for advanced degrees.

I will be tracking this down myself in the days to come. But its pretty cool to get an answer from someone tuned in.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?