<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2004-01-10

Speaking of Limbs. . .

I, as I imagine most, was disappointed at the job growth numbers from this morning.

Now, this is not my field. . . But is it possible that these numbers are somehow masked. If memory serves, the first weekend of the Holiday shopping season featured a massive blizzard which slowed down retail sales across the board. Could it be that this event, and its effect on sales, also put a mute on the seasonal hiring?

Again, this is not my field. It's just that the numbers were so surprising, given the other economic numbers, that some explanation has to be out there. And I'm not just trying to find a spin--before my other interests, I try to find truth. So if this is somebody's field, and you can explain this outlier to the economic news of late, please feel free to enlighten me.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?