<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My personal musings about anything that gets on my radar screen--heavily dominated by politics.

2003-12-24

Light posting today, as the bulk of the day was spent watching "The Return of the King." Totally worth the time investment--I would see it again tomorrow (not today--my bladder can't take it).

With due respect to my brother, I could not disagree more with those who say the movie is too long. The last 45 minutes are absolutely necessary to tie up the loose ends and place things and people where they belong. And I know there are those who are really bothered by the omission of the "Scouring of the Shire." I'm not. Besides,there has to be something meaningful to go in the Director's Cut.

And for those of you who aren't big fans and don't know the difference between the Eldar and the Valar, the battle scenes are impressive, the personal stories are moving and the overall sense of grandeur should be sufficient to carry you through the 3hrs20mins without blinking an eye.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?